10 June 2010

Graduating

This is my final finals week at Northwestern. On Monday I finished entirely. Turned in my last undergraduate paper, completed all of my CTECs...it felt so surreal. I have genuinely loved all of my time here. From the walks around the lake to the gorgeously warm spring breeze, this campus is beautiful.

My mom always told the story of my resolve to attend NU when I was in the 5th grade. I stepped out the car, looked around, and made up my mind. How could a 5th grader know so certainly that this was the place for her? I feel like I have gotten a truly unique college experience. I managed to blend intense academics with some intense fun. I found friends that I will follow for the rest of my life, and I have some amazing memories of football games, parties, study sessions, coffee dates, and formals that will follow me forever.

My time here has taken on a sweetness that I never knew I could find -- and I know that that is mostly due to my sisters in Chi Omega. Growing up, I never thought I would be a sorority girl. Sure, I always held a reverence for Greek life. With both parents as products of that life, it's hard not to. The moment I joined, however, I knew that it was the place for me. I may not be the sorority girl with the blonde hair and overly tanned skin -- but I am the one that loves those around her with her whole heart. These past three years have been my best, my happiest. Having to say good bye to all of these girls is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. They're like my family, and I will miss them so much when I leave.

I graduate a week from tomorrow. It seems so soon, doesn't it? After four years here, the time is suddenly flying by. My time here is limited. In one week, I will be an unemployed college graduate that mooches off of her parents relentlessly. GET READY.

No comments:

Post a Comment