13 September 2010

I Have Arrived!



Well, it feels like it took years (which it did, kinda), but I finally made it back! I arrived in Edinburgh last night around 7:00, and finally found my way to my apartment at about 8:30. It feels so good to be back. In the shuttle on the way in, I literally gasped when I saw the castle for the first time. I was just overwhelmed with happiness.

I was very fortunate that I was able to see Elizabeth this weekend. Bury St. Edmunds (<--left) is an absolutely precious town. There was a street market on Saturday, so we walked around and looked at all of the stalls and bought some fresh produce. Her town is so quaint. The streets are rolling and the shops are all locally owned. Plus, Elizabeth's house is precious. She looked so excited that she was able to show me around and 
introduce me to her new life. She has certainly settled in well and is just glowing. I even got to see her office (see forced photo-op on right) and the air force base. It was my first time on a base, so that was an entirely new experience.
Today I walked around the city. It was raining off and on all day, but I persevered! I was able to find my way to campus easily enough, and I slowly wound my way to Doctor's to have lunch. Afterwards, I walked towards Princes Street, popping in and out of shops as I went. I enjoyed a leisurely day of shopping. Now, however, I could go for a nap! I'm not used to that much walking, and my knee is pretty tired. Best free physical therapy ever!

The highlight was perhaps when I stopped for a cup of coffee on Princes Street. The Starbucks I went into was on the second floor of the building, and the view outside the window was absolutely amazing! There are not many places in the world where you can have a cup of coffee and stare at a castle at the same time.

2 comments: